(CalOPPA, CA Bus. & Prof. Code §§ 22575-22579)
Note: To refer to Mountain West Financial’s other privacy policies, please see the following:
California Consumer Privacy Act Policy (CA Civ. Code 1798.100 – 1798.199), please click CCPA
Information We Collect
We gather nonpublic personal information about our customers as may be necessary to conduct business with our customers. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, over the telephone or in face-to-face meetings, and via the Internet. Examples of information we receive from you include your name, address, telephone number, social security number, credit history and other financial information.
- Information about your transactions with us or others. Examples of information relating to your transactions include payment histories, account balances and account activity.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency. Examples of information from consumer reporting agencies include your credit score, credit reports and other information relating to your creditworthiness.
- From employers and others to verify information you have given to us. Examples of information provided by employers and others include verifications of employment, income or deposits.
We may collect information about you in written, oral or electronic form. The types of information about you that we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, employer name and address, work history, income, assets, debts, credit history and other information we may need to process your mortgage loan application and fund or service your loan.
Information We Disclose
We collect and use information for business purposes, such as evaluating mortgage loan applications and processing transactions that you request.
Your personal information will only be retained for the purpose of providing you with our response to your query and will not be made available to any third party except as necessary to be disclosed to any related entity for the purpose intended or as required to be disclosed under law.
In the event you submit a mortgage loan application, your information will be shared with affiliates and third parties as allowed by law. In some cases, you may opt out of sharing with affiliates. See your application or annual disclosure documents for more information.
- By submitting data on our website, the visitor is providing explicit consent to transmission of data collected on the website.
- We treat data as confidential within our firm and require a strict adherence of all our employees to data protection and our confidentiality policies.
- All visitors, however, should be aware that our website may contain links to other sites that are not governed by this or any other privacy statement.
- We reserve the right to amend (that is, add to, delete or change) the terms of this Privacy Statement from time to time.
Use of Our Website
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers may seek (as many websites do) to place a “cookie” (a small data file) on your computer’s hard drive that allows the server to determine the computer when it visits again, in order to track statistical information about navigation to and throughout certain areas of our site. This cookie is not used to obtain your name or any personal data, and the information that is tracked is used only for internal purposes, such as to improve site navigation. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your web browser to reject them or to alert you before one is placed.
We may also gather data about visits to our website, including domain name, length of time on our website and other data to assist us in evaluating the usefulness of our site and so that we can provide more efficient service in the future.
In addition, some areas of our website may request personal information from you, such as information necessary to process your loan inquiry or to provide you with certain information you request.
Our website is not intended for persons under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children, and we do not knowingly market our products or services to children.
Access to Collected Information
You may review, correct and update the information that you provide to us by contacting us as described below. Please contact us if there is incorrect information in any documents or other communications that you receive from us.
We’re here on Facebook to provide you with updates, financial tips, and other mortgage lending information. While we love your engagement and comments, our Facebook page is NOT a customer service channel. If you need help with a loan application or existing loan with us, we have lots of great staff ready and able to help you at (888) 793-6470 (toll free from landlines) or [email protected]. Thanks so much for your understanding!
This page, and links to the Mountain West Financial, Inc. (MWF) pages, are presented by MWF. Facebook.com, LinkedIn.com, Twitter.com, Instagram.com, google.com/+ are owned by a third parties unaffiliated with MWF. MWF is not responsible for the privacy or security policies at this site or other third party sites that may be linked to by this page or other Facebook.com pages. We urge you to review the privacy and other policies of each website that you visit. MWF does not endorse and is not responsible for any ads that the social media platforms may place on pages, or for the content, products, advice, opinions, recommendations or other material of third party sites or other pages on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ or any other social media platforms.
How to Contact Us
Changes to This Policy
Patriot Act Disclosure
To help the United States government prevent fraud and fight the funding of terrorism, money laundering and related activities, Federal law requires that we obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who applies for a mortgage loan through this website. We will ask you for your name, address, date fo birth, and other identifying information. We may also inspect your driver’s license or other identifying documents. If you fail or refuse to provide such information, we may decline to open account or establish or continue a customer relationship with you.